How Direct Cremation Works
Easy 4 Step Process
Arrangements made online using our efficient web forms or over the telephone.
Our licensed funeral directors transfer your loved one into our care. Your family member is then kept in our climate controlled facility while the cremation paperwork is filed with the relevant authorities.
We register the death and procure the necessary authorizations, then arrange a private cremation.
Ashes can be hand delivered, picked up from one of our locations, or shipped via US Postal Service priority mail with a fully trackable ID number to any US postal address.
Losing a loved one is difficult enough, so we created a system to ease the burden of arranging a funeral.
We handle the cremation, allowing you to plan the memorial at your convenience
The death of a loved is obviously a difficult time. New Leaf’s Direct Cremation process helps ease your burden as we handle all of the details involved when planning a cremation.
You receive a quote online, enter the necessary vital statistics, and provide payment, we handle the rest:
- We register the death with the appropriate authorities
- We secure the necessary authorization and paperwork needed to perform the cremation
- We order the death certificate
- We collect your loved one from the place of death
- We store your loved one in a climate-controlled environment until regulatory approvals are obtained
- We place your loved one in a secure container for delivery to the cremation center
- We transport your loved one to the cremation center
- We arrange the cremation with a trusted local provider
- We place the ashes in the selected urn, either chosen by the deceased or selected after death by the authorized party
- We arrange pickup or delivery of the ashes